Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It is time...

...to help our missionary family out. If you remember, I mentioned in class maybe a month or two ago how our missionaries (David & Katie Gardner) would be needing some items to help them get started on their first official missionary "tour" in Peru (David was raised there, so not really his first trip, but their first stay as missionaries together). Well, let me explain Plan B.

No, there is no time, let me sum up Plan B:

As it turns out, through God's provision using some other folks and timing issues, it's no longer possible for us to be able to get some things together and to David in time for he and Katie to fly to Peru...they're leaving on June 2. So here's the skinny - they are still in need of some stuff, and are probably going to have to buy lots when they get there. In addition to that, the plane tickets they just booked cost around $1500...and on top of all of THAT, they aren't yet 100% supported yet (meaning, if it takes your family $1000/month to pay the bills, that would be like trying to do it with $600 or $700).

I feel like we ought to do what we can to help them out before they go, and the best way obviously is to take up an offering. Listen, if you're like me, you don't have piles of cash that you can't decide what to do with-trust me, I know, nobody's using dollar bills for tissue paper b/c they have so many extra. But, if you can help out in any way, please do so, and if you can't, don't feel bad about it. You can give $1, $5, $5000, or anything in-between, and if you'd like to write a check make it out to College & Career Sunday School Class. Everything, of course, will go to them, except for the 25% administrative fee that goes to me (just kidding).

If you're gonna be able to give, I'll need it by Sunday, May 17 to make sure I can get it to David and Katie before they leave (they are currently driving hundreds of miles/day to raise support). Even if all we're able to do is buy some groceries, I think we can be a help to them.

Let me know what you think, and if you want to find out more about David & Katie's ministry, there's a link to their web page over on the right. Thanks in advance for whatever you can do to help, and don't forget to PRAY FOR THEM TOO!!

0 comments: