Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Lend me your ears...and your posts...

To all of you who feel the need to point out my many flaws in keeping this blog consistantly up-to-date (mainly I'm speaking to Greg and Joey), this post is for you: I am ready for YOU to write a blog post and I'll be more than happy to stick it up here.

Thats right, if you've got something on your mind - maybe something that God blessed you with last Sunday or just how good he's been to you this week - email me and I'll copy your text right into a blog post for the class to read. We've been getting a lot of praise reports lately in Sunday School, and I thought that this would be a great way to share with everybody in the class something the Lord has done for you lately.

Speaking of recent Sundays, did you get to hear the Fox family sing on Sunday night? I was talking with Micah on Monday and we were pretty bummed that they've been coming to this church for 2 years and that was the first time we've heard them sing?! How awesome was that! It's always an extra blessing to me when short guys (like me) have a strong set of pipes on them, too. If you didn't make it Sunday night, you might want to get a copy of the service, although the sound quality may not be that great b/c they used their own equipment instead of running it through the house speakers.

Thanks to all of you who made it to movie night this past Saturday. We had a good time, and I for one ate too many Reeses Pieces...and whenever you can say that, you know it's been a good day. We will do it again soon.

If it seems like Sunday School has been sort of sporatic this month, it's because it has been. Missions Day and Father's Day has kind of thrown off our groove, but we'll be getting right back into what we started a few weeks ago for the new quarter, that being a study of the book of Proverbs, so be looking at Proverbs chapters 3 & 4 this week. Maybe we can learn just a thing or two from the wisest man who ever lived, who was under the inspiration of God when he wrote Proverbs as a note to his son...maybe. :)

1 comments:

Shannon said...

Well Corbin, I for one think that we need to add something for the month of July. That calendar is looking pretty empty right about now... :]