Monday, April 13, 2009

some thoughts and announcement reminders

So it occurred to me a little while ago that I haven't brought up the movie night idea ever since I announced it in class a few weeks ago. As it turns out, someone DID come to me and offer their lovely home for us to use, but I'll check with them again to make sure it's still a go. I was thinking of having it at the end of this month or beginning of May - maybe April 25 or May 2 (both dates are Saturdays). Let me know (like pronto) if this won't work for your or if you can't make one or either of those dates. Also if there's something you're dying to see feel free to suggest...Sheffy is still up in the air, but I think that may get shot down...and save the Star Wars Trilogy for your geek convention. Other than those, I'm up for anything :)

It was great to have our missionaries (or half of them) in class with us Sunday. I mentioned to you a few weeks ago that they will be needing some supplies when they head to the field this summer, and David will be getting me a list of some things that they really need to get before they go. Think about what it would be like to pick up your life, move it to a foreign country, and start over...that's pretty much what David & Katie are doing, and obviously there's a lot of stuff that needs to be purchased. Keep them in your prayers as they continue to seek support, and as soon as I know what they need, I'll pass the word. Check out the link to their website (brand new website, I might add)...I posted it over on the left.

I hope you and your family had a great Easter weekend. Don't forget to PRAY for each other this week...I appreciate you and look forward to seeing you Wednesday.

GUYS: Don't forget the bible study that will be starting Tuesday, April 14 @ 6:30pm at the church

GALS: Don't forget the baby shower for Ashley Thompson also on Tuesday, April 14, @ 7pm...if you can help bring some food or goodies contact my wife (megan.crittenden@gmail.com)

3 comments:

Holli said...

I find it a bit unfair that the guys get a bible study, and all the girls get is a baby shower. No offense to Ashley, or anybody else, but we want to study the bible too!

Corbin said...

there is supposed to be one for the girls that is starting, too...see Lisa Bogan...

Melissa said...

I like the idea of the Bible Study for us Gals.(I will go see Lisa B)
Baby showers are always great:)its just different.
By the way how was Ashley's Baby shower tonight?
For the movie night....I work Saturdays so I will see if I can make it..